Previously I have worked for learndirect Scotland, learndirect Scotland for business, Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Scotland, Scottish Power, Scottish Enterprise, Visit Scotland, Guilbert, Scottish Hydro-Electric, Diageo
- Business to business writing, editing, sub-editing, interviews, case studies, profiles - mainly in financial services, HR and the public sector for a range of publications - in-house, customer magazines, brochures, marketing material
Creative & Cultural Skills, London
- For a new website - 14, 1000-word case studies. Sourcing workers in 14 different crafts throughout the UK and Northern Ireland, including the heritage sector; carrying out telephone interviews and writing up each case study along with short summaries
- Refresh and rewrite all existing text on corporate website
- Edit four 22,000 word Creative Blueprint reports and write 1000-word summary for each for the website
- Edit Employer handbook and two handbooks for Apprentices on Rights and Responsibilities and Health & Safety
Birlinn Publishing, Edinburgh
- Copy-editing Academic books dealing with text, footnotes, bibliographies, appendices, etc. about Scottish history, culture and architecture. Books ranging from 60,000 to 140,000 words.
Batsford, part of Anova Books, London
- Copy-editing titles on textile art, embroidery, quilting, felting and dyeing Copy-editing National Trust publications
- Regular features on house interiors, personal profiles, travel articles
- Regular contributor writing features, exhibitions reviews, personal profiles
- Exhibition Review
Craft and Design Magazine
- Several features and personal profiles on crafts, mostly in textiles but also ceramics.
- Monthly newsletter for East Lothian branch - copy, design and production - for the last eight years
"Words are like stitches -
well-handled they're creative"
Examples of my work:
Here are some examples of my work. You may require Adobe Reader (free) to view the documents. They may take a moment to load.
What people have said
"Many thanks for this. Having read the copy you've written, I'm mightily impressed at how interesting procurement can be. I was right that you would know how to find out about it!"
John Cooper, Publishing Director, Editions
"Thank you - that's one of the most readable features I've had in a long while!"
Kathy Troup, Editor, Stitch
"Thank you so much Hazel. I really appreciate your time and interest in our work."
Aine Markey, Communications Manager, Creative & Cultural Skills
"Out of all the freelance support I use, Hazel Reid is by far one of the most professional and dedicated business writers and project managers available. She always sticks to the brief and will go the extra mile when required."
Alan MacAskill, Publishing Director, Editions